Choose the Right Remodeling Contractor in 4 Easy Steps
When you start a remodeling project, you always want to find the best remodeling contractor to do the job right. There are so many contractors to choose from in Houston, so it may be a bit overwhelming when you start your search. Thankfully, the experts at Premier Remodeling have put together this guide on how to choose the right remodeling contractor for you and your specific project.
Before doing anything else, you need to sit down and think about your project. It will be tough to choose the right remodeling contractor until you determine exactly what kind of project you want to be done. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What remodeling project do you want to get done and why?
- What needs should be met with this remodel?
- What’s your budget?
- What are your “must-haves” and things you could do without?
Don’t jump the gun just yet – take some time to see what other ideas are out there. Get online and search for remodeling ideas. Check out before and after images online. Websites like Pinterest are great places to find ideas to inspire your project! Get on Pinterest and look for remodeling projects and anything you can use for inspiration.
Once you’ve found your inspiration and answered the above questions, it’s time to start your research! Get online and check out their website.
- Search for your specific project. Find a remodeling contractor who specializes in the kind of project you want. The right contractor will have experience doing these types of projects. Don’t rule companies out just because they do more than one remodeling style, though. The more expertise, the better – just make sure you have an expert and not a newbie! There should be photos on their website of the type of remodel you’re looking for (i.e. kitchen or bathroom remodels).
- Make sure they are local. Of course, you want a remodeling contractor familiar with the area you live in. Make sure that they don’t just service your area, but rather focus on it. A contractor may claim they service Baytown through Katy, but at the end of the day, they’re stretched too thin. Even worse, they aren’t able to get to you as quickly as a contractor focusing on your area would.
“Find a remodeling contractor who specializes in the kind of project you want.”
Step 3: Establish Credibility and Expertise
So your search results are in. You’re looking at them, learning new information about these contractors. With so much new information, though, it’s easy to get overwhelmed, but you don’t have to. Here’s the most important information you need to look for:
- Find their testimonials page. One of the first things you should look for in a remodeling contractor is customer satisfaction. Check out their rating on Google, Facebook, or other sites. An excellent contractor has good reviews and typically responds to bad ones (if there are any) with some sort of resolution.
- Check their credentials. Is this company registered with the Better Business Bureau? What’s their rating? Premier Remodeling is an accredited business with the BBB and has an A+ rating. Their “Complaints” section should ideally be empty, but if it’s not, that is okay if they do one thing: respond to them. Many complaints happen due to miscommunication. A company that discusses any issues and keeps an open line of communication with clients is a contractor that cares.
- Find out about their expertise. See how long they’ve been in business by reading their “About Us” page and browsing their website. A good remodeling contractor is experienced but also understands that we never stop learning. Contractors should always be pursuing new knowledge to implement. Look for membership in any industry organizations, such as the Texas Association of Builders (TAB) or the Greater Houston Builders Association (GHBA). Another great indicator is if they have won any awards.
- Look at their previous work. After you have narrowed it down to a few different contractors, take the time to look through their portfolio of work. See if they have pictures of remodeling projects similar to yours. This is a great, visual way to see if a contractor can accomplish what you want for your project.
Step 4: Make the Call
Now that you’ve completed steps 1 through 3, it’s time to make some calls and get bids on your remodeling project! Pick your top 3 contractors and get bids from each one before making a final decision. Schedule your fast in-home consultation. These in-home consultations make it easy to get your remodeling project started and understand every step of the process. Once you have gone through consultations and gotten your bids, it’s time to make your final choice! Call Premier at 713-532-1100 today!
Make the Right Decision: Choose Premier Remodeling!
When it comes to remodeling your home, you deserve the best in the business. The Premier Remodeling team is an above-and-beyond remodeling contractor, offering customers high-quality craftsmanship, integrity, and expertise you can trust. We continuously strive to improve our knowledge and expertise through our constant pursuit of learning and membership in various prestigious organizations such as the Greater Houston Builders Association (GHBA), the Texas Association of Builders (TAB), and the National Association of Home Builders-Remodelers (NAHB-R). Premier Remodeling is the obvious choice when it comes to picking the right remodeling contractor, so call us at 713-532-1100 for a free in-home consultation today!