10 Great Bathroom Remodeling Tips!
Before you pull out your sledgehammer and begin remodeling your bathroom, wait a minute! You’re going to need to do some research, whether you love DIY or you’re looking for a trustworthy, reputable Houston area remodeling contractor like Premier Remodeling.
And remember, remodeling your bathroom is one of the most cost-effective ways to increase the value of your home.
Bathrooms happen to be one of the most private spaces in our homes. Most people tend to find the bathroom very relaxing, a place to blow off some steam or get away from it all.
Here are 10 great bathroom remodeling tips for your Houston home, from tile to shower heads.
We make bathroom remodeling in Houston simple, beautiful, and affordable. See how Premier Remodeling makes a difference in Houston homes with our bathroom remodels:
1. Lighting – simply replacing an overhead fixture with a cost-effective chandelier or add some sconces on each side of the main mirror in your bathroom. Or you can add lighting along the border of your mirror for that classic Hollywood feel.
2. Showers – Remodel your shower with dual shower heads, handheld shower heads, and body sprays to make your shower experience invigorating and lavish. You can also add stick on shampoo and soap dispensers so you’ll never be out of the essentials when you need them.
3. Toilets – Opt for a low-flow, low-energy version, or an electric-powered hatbox toilet. Basic white components cost much less than anything in a color because manufacturers sell more of these and therefore have a wider availability. If you don’t want to spring for a whole new commode but want some added luxury, look into Toto Washlet heated seats.In addition to great heating options, all models come with bidet features and wall mounted controls for easy use.
4. Hardware – Install new cabinet hardware to provide an instant visual impact at a minimal cost. An even lower-cost option: Paint existing unfinished wood knobs. Craft stores like Michael’s also have some fashionable and easy-to-install knobs to really make your cabinets pop.
5. Entertainment – Add an entertainment center. A small, low-voltage, water-resistant television, multi-point sound system, or fireplace can be a great enhancement to your bathroom. You could kick off your weekend by watching your favorite movie while relaxing in the tub after a hard day.
6. Tile – If you are remodeling, tile only the shower area, or halfway up the wall and use paint to provide the rest of the finish. A few random tiles placed in your overall neutral scheme can also add a pop of color or pattern without a huge increase in price.
7. Storage – Increase cabinet efficiency. Add pullout shelves to existing cabinets, or a low-cost vintage finds for a corner. Try paint or stain to update the piece’s finish. If your bathroom has a linen closet you can get some inexpensive plastic bins to organize all your stuff and keep it looking clean!
8. Seating – Find an inexpensive cushioned chair, ottoman, or bench for beneath a window. If your counter has the space for it, you can add a cushioned chair by the mirror for convenient seating while getting ready in the morning.
9. Paint – Don’t underestimate the impact a pop of colorful paint can have in a small space. Not to mention, this is a cheap and effective way to give your bathroom a new look. If you’re unsure what color to use, blue has been proven to have a calming effect. Adding a splash of blue could turn a simple bathroom into your personal oasis.
10. Mirror – Swapping out your mirror for something bigger can bring more light into your bathroom. Quickly becoming a standard in trendy baths, large round mirrors like these budget-friendly beauties are all the rage right now.
Bonus Bathroom Remodeling Houston Tip:
Bonus Tip: A lot of people forget about the most important thing when remodeling a bathroom. What is that?
Ventilation is the most important thing to consider when remodeling a Houston bathroom.
Moisture is every bathroom’s worst enemy! Mold and mildew will make quick work of any renovation you’ve done, so be sure to install a vent fan of appropriate CFMs for the square footage of your bathroom.
Your bathroom should not only reflect your style, but it should also be a comfortable place for you to relax. That’s where Premier Remodeling comes in. As industry leaders, we are committed to providing our customers with incredible design, functional spaces, and gorgeous remodels. Contact us today at 713-999-6481 to schedule your in-home design consultation!
Bathroom Remodeling Houston – Tips You’ll Love | Premier Remodeling – Houston, TX