Premier Remodeling is a full-service remodeling, restoration, and renovation firm. We pride ourselves in the quality of our craftsmanship while staying abreast of the latest construction technology and materials through our membership in the Greater Houston Builders Association (GHBA), the Texas Association of Builders (TAB) and the National Association of Home Builders-Remodelers (NAHB-R).
Our Vision is to create an organization known throughout the Greater Houston community and recognized as an industry leader. A company that exceeds clients’ needs and expectations while nurturing our employees’ growth and pride in their organization.
Our mission is simple…to be the best residential remodeling company. To give our clients the best value, service, and all-around experience imaginable. To be the best place to work for our employees and their families. To be the best neighbor, giving back to our community as it has given so much to us.
ORGANIZATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Greater Houston Builders Association (GHBA)–Chartered in 1941, the GHBA is a trade organization whose members are involved in the development, homebuilding, and remodeling industry in seven counties. The association interacts with the government, community and general public to enhance the business climate for its members, and to provide quality obtainable housing to the community it serves. The association is also active in community outreach and charitable events
- Texas Association of Builders (TAB)
- National Association of Home Builders–Remodelers (NAHBR)
- Better Business Bureau of Greater Houston (BBB)
- Houston Archaeological & Historical Commission – Owner Rob Hellyer is currently the first and only remodeler/builder member of the Commission. As a member he has chaired committees assigned to making revisions to the Houston Preservation Ordinance. Recognized by the NAHBR and received a national award for these efforts.
- NAHB Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) – Remodelers with at least five years of experience in the industry can apply for the Certified Graduate Remodeler (CGR) educational designation. Courses in the CGR curriculum are designed to emphasize business and project management skills as the key to a successful remodeling operation. More and more remodelers are discovering the advantages of CGR and the marketing advantages it brings as clients recognize the CGR initials’ as the mark of professionalism in their remodeling contractor. The CGR curriculum helps you run your business more efficiently by teaching job cost procedures, accounting principles and basic contract law. Other topics covered include design, estimating and scheduling ñ but depend on the results of the Professional Remodeler Experience Profile, which CGR candidates complete before assembling a curriculum.
- Graduate Master Builder (GMB) – The ultimate symbol of the building professional, the (GMB) designation is for experienced veterans only. Before beginning the GMB designation process, you must have the CGB designation or the CGR designation with five years of building experience, or 10 years of building experience and successful completion of three CGB/CGR courses. GMB courses require additional study, with in-depth instruction geared for experienced building professionals. It’s a significant time commitment, but graduates gain a more complete knowledge of all facets of the home building industry, build a new network of peers across the country, and inform their potential clients of their commitment to the best of home building, customer service and advanced construction techniques.
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS) – The CAPS designation program teaches the technical, business management, and customer service skills essential to competing in the fastest growing segment of the residential remodeling industry: home modifications for the aging-in-place. The baby boom generation has many choices as this large population of potential clients for remodelers, builders, contractors, and occupational therapists considers where to live ñ but overwhelmingly, seniors would prefer to stay in their own homes. The CAPS designation offers your potential clients what they need most: reassurance that you’ll help them make the choices that will help them stay in their homes safely and securely. In addition, the CAPS designation helps you make your clients’ homes more visit able. Even if the home owners don’t think they need additional task lighting, grab bars, and other home modifications for their own use, their family members and visitors might. CAPS helps you help your clients make the right choices, and it gives you more security in remodeling market niche that’s continuing to grow in popularity.